Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

The Computer Associates of England

San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

ProsThere are some very smart people working here. Autonomy has interesting core technology and a good story behind it. It continues to grow and is constantly moving.

ConsAutonomy has been swallowing up companies. It doesn't make the best decisions about how to use those resources. Decisions are often made from the top. There is no management structure so communication about important changes are often through the rumor mill.

The "boiler room"+ Glengarry, Glen Ross + Full Metal Jacket = better sales jobs elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: Autonomy had very interesting technology that is perhaps ahead of it's time. There are smart subject matter experts that… Cons: The is no sales training, but rather two days of presentation training. There is no knowledge transfer of how to succeed. There is… Advice to Senior Management: Read "Principle Centered Leadership" by Stephen Covey. Have a vision and share it, so that those on the front line can get excited about… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's all "Pretend"..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: Starting pay is usually fair. Local management tries to motivate and lead… Cons: Products are not designed, coded and tested. They are coded and deployed. Huge amounts of re-work. Upper management likes to claim… Advice to Senior Management: Pass this mess on to actual managers and leaders to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.