The Computer Associates of England

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

There are some very smart people working here. Autonomy has interesting core technology and a good story behind it. It continues to grow and is constantly moving.

Cons

Autonomy has been swallowing up companies. It doesn't make the best decisions about how to use those resources. Decisions are often made from the top. There is no management structure so communication about important changes are often through the rumor mill.

reviews filtered by

average

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

some good technology and people with a purpose

Cons

no communication, no idea where an employee fits into the global scheme of things

Advice to Management

be more employee friendly and transparent

Amazing pay, amazing benefits, lots of freedom/no direction from management

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Extremely high pay, amazing benefits, free lunch/breakfast on Fridays, freedom to make the job whatever you want it to be. If you want to specialize in X, you can do it. Very, very smart people are Autonomy

Cons

No direction from management, no defined job responsibilities, zero knowledge transfer, no raises - EVER (!), remote managers. Requires a college degree and 3.0 GPA to work here, even if you were in college 30 years ago.

Advice to Management

Give us some direction, let us make our own decisions, give us regular raises/review/feedback - we have no idea how our performance is stacking up or what direction we should be going in - also TRUST US to make good decisions for the company, it seems like very few hold all the power/decision making abilities.