There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Keep Away

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Good Technology, At par pay compared to the Industry, Stable Company

Cons

The company is exactly opposite to the meaning of its name ….
There is not an example of a similar company specially here in the Silicon Valley EMC and Oracle included. The basic courtesies and professionalism are missing in this organization, no wonder they are reviewed badly.

The first week itself was interesting, 3 days 8 hour training + homework … heard the saying “Drinking from a hose pipe” , reminded me of being back in a strict high school.
 I ignored but the more I got entrenched the worst it became, customer service, relationship building, ethical practices, even following a strict price list all take a back seat in this company .. what I mean to say is that if the pricelist says $5000 you can change and sell the same product or a component for $10,000 …. all that matters is CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE …
SMS calls … how many in person calls you made this week if you are over 85% you are safe + 12 proposals a quarter no not kiddin that is the metrics.
SE resources: Getting SE and having them conduct a demo can be challenging to say the least, remember the 3 day training that allows you to do your own demo …. You are ready to go buddy!!
Team Spirit : There is no such concept called a team you have no collegues actually most of the time you are trying to hide what you are doing cause someone else might show up in that account. If they do .. no problem we will divide the deal amongst the rep 50-50 … so the bottom line the company makes its money. Get the point !!
The Big Deals : Oh yeah Autonomy has reps making a lot of money share with you the silver bullet for their success. Few of them got promoted from Sales Development Reps .. no not inside sales it is sales development reps or Lead Generation. They park themselves in the Corporate office and get all the leads whatever the pretext, buddy relationship or the rep provided the list. There is an algorithm which should be followed when it comes to allocation of leads but there are ways to as I explained earlier to get around it. C’mon in my years and years of experience I have never seen reps who were lead gen reps closing million dollar deals. It is a joke!!!

HP needs to FIRE the management this includes the VP's and their buddies the Regional Managers ... This is Old Boys club ....

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Autonomy has very Interesting technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

I had a terrible experience at Autonomy -- there are no assigned accounts; no customer planning session; no coordination between customer care, customer analytics, and sales. For most people - the job is just about your own contacts and cold calling. There is no involvement in the RFPs; the HP leads; or trade shows. Sales management is unbelievably abusive; mean; and condescending. There is no adaquate product training, and lead generation. Overall, work somewhere else.

Change the sales management in the U.S.

AUTONOMY offers the opposite of their name- the leader in AWFUL, ARROGANT, A-HOLES

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Never found a "pro" to the company on its own merit- all smoke and mirrors here.

Cons

Too many to even list- not enough room here, not enough hours in the day.

Change everything, fire yourselves....and then it might become a tolerable corporation that can attract and keep talented knowledge workers. If you can't look at the rate of turnover and figure that out, then right there the problem has been identified.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!