Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Keep Away

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Palo Alto, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Good Technology, At par pay compared to the Industry, Stable Company

Cons

The company is exactly opposite to the meaning of its name ….
There is not an example of a similar company specially here in the Silicon Valley EMC and Oracle included. The basic courtesies and professionalism are missing in this organization, no wonder they are reviewed badly.

The first week itself was interesting, 3 days 8 hour training + homework … heard the saying “Drinking from a hose pipe” , reminded me of being back in a strict high school.
 I ignored but the more I got entrenched the worst it became, customer service, relationship building, ethical practices, even following a strict price list all take a back seat in this company .. what I mean to say is that if the pricelist says $5000 you can change and sell the same product or a component for $10,000 …. all that matters is CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE …
SMS calls … how many in person calls you made this week if you are over 85% you are safe + 12 proposals a quarter no not kiddin that is the metrics.
SE resources: Getting SE and having them conduct a demo can be challenging to say the least, remember the 3 day training that allows you to do your own demo …. You are ready to go buddy!!
Team Spirit : There is no such concept called a team you have no collegues actually most of the time you are trying to hide what you are doing cause someone else might show up in that account. If they do .. no problem we will divide the deal amongst the rep 50-50 … so the bottom line the company makes its money. Get the point !!
The Big Deals : Oh yeah Autonomy has reps making a lot of money share with you the silver bullet for their success. Few of them got promoted from Sales Development Reps .. no not inside sales it is sales development reps or Lead Generation. They park themselves in the Corporate office and get all the leads whatever the pretext, buddy relationship or the rep provided the list. There is an algorithm which should be followed when it comes to allocation of leads but there are ways to as I explained earlier to get around it. C’mon in my years and years of experience I have never seen reps who were lead gen reps closing million dollar deals. It is a joke!!!

HP needs to FIRE the management this includes the VP's and their buddies the Regional Managers ... This is Old Boys club ....

330 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Autonomy has very Interesting technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

I had a terrible experience at Autonomy -- there are no assigned accounts; no customer planning session; no coordination between customer care, customer analytics, and sales. For most people - the job is just about your own contacts and cold calling. There is no involvement in the RFPs; the HP leads; or trade shows. Sales management is unbelievably abusive; mean; and condescending. There is no adaquate product training, and lead generation. Overall, work somewhere else.

Change the sales management in the U.S.

Company managed by terror

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The (potential) salary is among the best in the industry. But it's also like Amway in that sense that the huge paychecks you hear about are only achieved by a very select few long-standing reps who are basically given deals to keep them onboard. Few rank-and-file reps ever hit their numbers, so your actual compensation is probably about half of what you were hoping when you took the job.

Cons

It's been the worst experience of my professional career. If you are a candidate considering working here, you're probably reading this, along with all the other negative reviews and thinking to yourself, "How bad could it possibly be?". I know, I was that person too a few years ago. You might be thinking to yourself, "I came from EMC. Now THAT is a screwed up culture". You might be thinking to yourself, "I have what it takes to be one of those few who make a million dollars"

And maybe you CAN deal with the lack of defined territory, lack of defined account ownership, micro-management, and threatening forecast calls that are run like they have guns to your head. Maybe you ARE OK with selling products that don't really exist, hoping that it will exist by the time the customer is ready to install. Maybe you CAN manage dozens of angry customers wondering why the product doesn't look anything like what you demonstrated to them. For over two years, I could do all of that.

But then the unforgivable happened. And one of those Amway millionaire reps came and simply took a deal from me. He literally just stepped in, took my contract that was already in procurement, and put his name on it, cutting me out of the deal entirely. His cell leader struck a deal with my cell leader that he would remain compensated on the deal. The only person who lost out was me, simply because the senior rep was having a slim quarter and wanted to beef up his numbers.

Sales reps can and do deal with a lot of nonsense, but when people take credit for the months you spend laboring over an opportunity, identifying it, growing it, managing all of the politics both within the prospect organization and your own organization, only for someone to waltz in and say, "This is mine now", it's not a company fit for a sales rep. That's where I drew the line.

That being said, if it DOES happen to you, please do what I did, and file a suit against the company. The same thing happened to some of my co-workers and they did nothing, thinking there was no recourse. There is a recourse, at least in the state where I work. After several months, Autonomy ultimately settled.

But is it really worth fighting your own company for months just to get what's yours?

Autonomy is truly deserving of the dubious title of Glassdoor's lowest rated company.

Management doesn't care at all about feedback. It's run by a tiny cabal of megalomaniacs.

That being said, the technology *seems* more amazing than it is. We claim to have 25,000 customers, but try asking for a couple of references and see watch the sales rep come up with every excuse in the book to avoid giving any to you. The truth is, the technology over-promises and under-delivers, and few of the customers are happy. HP should fully audit everything in the organization from the top down, including how much of the technology is even real.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy