Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

What you once were isn't what you want to be any more...

Technical Specialist (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI suppose there are career opportunities at HP if that sort of thing attracts you. Beyond that there's little reason talent would come here anymore. No upside, not part of a growth culture, more changes no doubt yet to come so not sure what horse you'll be riding. Some of the remaining people are great, but sure to leave.

ConsCh-ch-changes. It's not the changes per se, but the reality that this is no longer a high-growth, high energy software company. With some luck (mostly) it will become something in HP. More likely it continues to whither, and make no mistake about it that has been happening. It could have been a contender...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a ship without a captain. No one has a clue what the direction is, and no one cares. People will jump ship with that plunging HP share price.

It's a job

Cloud Engineer (Current Employee)
Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The job provides a decent lifestyle and interesting challenging work.… Cons: I don't have anything particularly new to say compared to the present reviews. I can see… Advice to Senior Management: Looking forward to see what magic HP can bring. I am very hopeful that Meg Whitman sees the challenge… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall I've been disappointed with my experience of Autonomy.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice perks such as Spurs tickets and awesome Christmas parties. Cons: Massive favouritism, steady increase of targets and workload with no recompense at all, incompetant commissions staff consistently making errors and then the… Advice to Senior Management: Nurture your staff, don't belittle them into being better. Increase targets by all means, but reward this extra work financially.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.