Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Horrible employer, but with hidden pockets of sanity.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

ProsJob security. Plenty of lateral job mobility for competent employees. Offices in many parts of the world.

ConsWidespread incompetence. Predatory management. Dysfunctional business processes. Starved for resources, because nobody is willing to spend money to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementMutual trust and repsect is better than fear and bullying. You will retain more quality employees that way, and gain their loyalty. Loyal, competent employees accomplish great things in less time and fewer resources, and you are judged by higher management by the accomplishments of your underlings.

Pretty from the outside. Nightmare on the inside.

Business Development (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time

Pros: good free lunch on Fridays. The product is well marketed and when it works… Cons: *High attrition. The ones who saw the disaster coming left and the others who chose to stay are struggling to transition with little to no… Advice to Senior Management: Perform a role/performance audit on the legacy Autonomy executives which have seen their departmental staff leave in droves. The ship is being abandoned and it's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

HORRIFIC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fantastic potential for technology, providing it really works Many very good people at the worker level Much of the… Cons: Corporate culture is 100 times worse than the worst company you have ever worked for - a former employee called it "Toxic" Management doesn't care about… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Most of the senior management that was there before acquisiiton need to leave. Kudos to Meg for getting rid of Lynch and some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.