There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

great buzz. very fast paced. very rewarding, but not for the feint-hearted

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Customer Account Support  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Vice President Customer Account Support in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

change itself.... great buzz and very fast paced while very rewarding. Get to work on integrating, supporting and selling award winning new solutions year after year for the biggest best customers in the world. This is a company that rocks and has rocked since start-up (I’ve been here for 10 years so I’m biased I admit).

Cons

change itself (depending on your character type), the great paradox about people is that they’re creatures of habit, but when habits become ingrained people go stale like old socks... evidenced by disinterest and a moaning complaining attitude. What people need is ‘change’ to stay interested, motivated and engaged, but not everyone thrives on ‘change’ because they fear its consequences. So best and the worst things about Autonomy is ‘change itself’ because It’s a constantly changing environment. Lots of people love it but those who fear change hate it and tend to spend their time moaning complaining about it. I’m not saying everything is great… don’t get me wrong, but the benefits of change far outweigh the negatives.

we do need to keep recruiting the good people and get rid of the complainers who hate change. Lots more communication of what has changed and what’s going to change would help beyond just the quarterly or so briefings.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Autonomy is anything but

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

None, not a one, unless you like:
    Arbitrary and random decision making, (only by the most senior folks)
    Capricous and dishonest ethics
    Stingy and misery compensation and benefits that make Scrooge look like Mother Theresa

Cons

The above plus:
    Stupifying incompetence of management
    The most backward of business operations, make Frankenstein's bride look like a supermodel
    The most superficial and plastic of companies--reputation is so important, yet it does very little to actual merit a reputation (bad product quality, marketing hype, analyst hype, poor support), makes Barbie seem like a real person

Get a clue, approved by Dr Headin Sand

What makes you want to work hard? Incentive.

Current Employee - MARKETING EXEC
    Current Employee - MARKETING EXEC

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

And there's lots of incentive to work hard here but you gotta be smart too. As the old saying goes "anyone can bend down and pick up nothing" but if you're smart you'll find you'll hard work will pay dividends.

Cons

If you're and Service Engineer and don't want to travel then that'll be a big disadvantage and if you're in R&D and/or Dev and aren't smart then go hide under a rock because you won't last here!

Rotate more staff internationally. True, not many people want to work in a rainy island in the Atlantic but lots want to work in the US and/or Asia!

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!