Autonomy

www.autonomy.com

great buzz. very fast paced. very rewarding, but not for the feint-hearted

Senior Vice President Customer Account Support (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Proschange itself.... great buzz and very fast paced while very rewarding. Get to work on integrating, supporting and selling award winning new solutions year after year for the biggest best customers in the world. This is a company that rocks and has rocked since start-up (I’ve been here for 10 years so I’m biased I admit).

Conschange itself (depending on your character type), the great paradox about people is that they’re creatures of habit, but when habits become ingrained people go stale like old socks... evidenced by disinterest and a moaning complaining attitude. What people need is ‘change’ to stay interested, motivated and engaged, but not everyone thrives on ‘change’ because they fear its consequences. So best and the worst things about Autonomy is ‘change itself’ because It’s a constantly changing environment. Lots of people love it but those who fear change hate it and tend to spend their time moaning complaining about it. I’m not saying everything is great… don’t get me wrong, but the benefits of change far outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Senior Managementwe do need to keep recruiting the good people and get rid of the complainers who hate change. Lots more communication of what has changed and what’s going to change would help beyond just the quarterly or so briefings.

Autonomy is anything but

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: None, not a one, unless you like: Arbitrary and random decision making, (only by the most senior… Cons: The above plus: Stupifying incompetence of management The most backward of business operations, make Frankenstein's bride look like a supermodel The most superficial and plastic of companies--reputation is… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue, approved by Dr Headin Sand No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

What makes you want to work hard? Incentive.

MARKETING EXEC (Current Employee)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: And there's lots of incentive to work hard here but you gotta be smart too. As the old saying goes… Cons: If you're and Service Engineer and don't want to travel then that'll be a big disadvantage and if… Advice to Senior Management: Rotate more staff internationally. True, not many people want to work in a rainy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!