There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Great place to work - if that's all you are concerned about

Current Employee - Hosting Technical Team Leader in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Hosting Technical Team Leader in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

You work with really smart people on projects that have direct and visible impact on really well known companies and governments.

Cons

It is growing so fast that its not as easy to move around the company like you used to be able to do. Career advancement is slower too.

Advice to Management

Improve the communication between telecommuters and their managers. Open new offices where demand is growing. Relax some cost controls particularly for consumables.

reviews filtered by

Unique challenging culture but not for someone interested in quality of life

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Autonomy tends to hire intelligent, hard working employees that are willing to adapt to the unique corporate culture. Employees will be exposed to many aspects of the business and provided with a lot of responsibility and opportunity to prove oneself.

Cons

Autonomy is a very reactionary company that puts more time and money into marketing and corporate perception than it does into product development and customer care. In general there is a culture of winning at all costs with little concern about business ethics or employee welfare. Employees will be expected to stretch the truth or outright lie in order to win a deal, which seems to happen more often than not.

Having joined the company through an acquisition, I can say that it's an uphill battle for anyone not hired directly by Autonomy. It is assumed that you are beneath Autonomy's standard of excellence until you prove otherwise (if you're even given the chance). I have seen the majority of my coworkers be let go or driven out with no plan to hire replacements, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the work. If you don't take a big gulp of the Kool-Aid and step in line you won't last long at Autonomy.

Advice to Management

Show some concern and proactive effort in improving the quality of life for employees. Initiate some sort of performance review to allow for feedback to flow both directions. Compensation adjustments, bonuses, and option grants have no rhyme or reason to them and seem completely subjective.

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

The offices at Autonomy are nice. All of the offices across the company are very nice. Most of the people that you interacted with on a day-to-day basis were very talented, dedicated, intelligent and worked very hard.

Cons

The company operates under a fear-and-intimidation style of upper management. They want to make it certain, from the first day on the job, that you know you are dissposable. The most disfunctional company culture I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

I honeslty don't think Upper Management would ever take advice from its employees. But, fear-and-intimidation management styles only get short-term results. I would put more effort into enabling talented employees to do their job and less effort into thinking up ways to squeeze more productivity out of them through threatining their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy