There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Great place to work - if that's all you are concerned about

Current Employee - Hosting Technical Team Leader in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Hosting Technical Team Leader in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

You work with really smart people on projects that have direct and visible impact on really well known companies and governments.

Cons

It is growing so fast that its not as easy to move around the company like you used to be able to do. Career advancement is slower too.

Improve the communication between telecommuters and their managers. Open new offices where demand is growing. Relax some cost controls particularly for consumables.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

good for hard working city boys

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

very focussed and cost controlled i can see why some might not like it but personally i prefer to be in a fast paced place that's going places. doesn't suit everyone i know

Cons

a lot of strategic decisions are taken centrally - not necessarily bad but can be a bit bruising if you've been used to doing your own thing in the past

no issues on controlling costs but maybe make the process easier than it is. having said that, continue doing what you're doing because cash is king!

I am not American, but if I reveal my location, it is easy to find out who I am. That will be very dangerous for losing

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The products are great to sell, great customer names, good marketing support, payment isn't bad.

Cons

At Autonomy the employees are not trusted in advance. I will never recommend Autonomy to people who are looking for a job. My direct manager will be passed time after time and Cambridge wants to be in tight control over all employees and activities. The result of the way how Autonomy is being managed is that many people are leaving and the ones who stay are trying to be 'of the radar'. For us as sales reps does it mean that the sales support is very poor. In the SMS calls on Mondays all the people involved are shouting about things they do not understand. Another ridiculous new rule is that sales reps will be fined for $5000 if they do not meet the minimum number of meetings and proposals!

Trust your people, treat them in a fair way. Let the managers manage their own people. Stop the insane SMS calls. Approach your employees in a positive way. I am confident that this will increase the revenue!

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy