Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Good products, lousy company to work for

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Autonomy invests significantly in technology, but it would be hard to find a company that cared for its employees less than Autonomy.

Cons

Really a beat down culture. Senior leadership in Cambridge simply does not care about employees or customers for that matter, and it is obvious.

You have been successful to date, however it is a common point of discussion amongst employees that the business model at Autonomy simply won't/doesn't scale.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Company with aggressive goals but untrusting management

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Well rewarded if you work hard with excellent results. However, bonus can be slashed for no reason as well.

Cons

No promotions or clear indications of advancement within the company.

None applicable; won't change anything.

Autonomy is in the death spiral and will soon cease to exist

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Technology seems impressive. Some very smart people. I really liked my company before it was acquired by Autonomy, but then it all fell apart very fast.

Cons

I have worked for 11 different tech companies going back to the early 1990s in Silicon Valley. Based on my experience, I see that Autonomy is in the classic death spiral. The rats are abandoning the sinking ship, and the Autonomy management is too arrogant to see the obvious signs of the ship sinking. They are not hiring to replace departed staff. They are abusing the remaining staff to the point of driving them off the ship. There are no annual performance reviews and no annual raises, not even for cost of living. There is no human resources department. There is no IT department, for gods sake! There is only arrogance and ignorance. I saw it with 3 other failed companies I worked for, but Autonomy is by far the worst of all of them. As you can see from other reviews here, nobody but the marketing staff have anything good to say about the company, yet they have not changed anything in the way they run the company. What may have worked well in a Cambridge startup is totally ineffective in a 1000 person company. I only hope that enough of the remaining employees can cash in their stock options before the ship sinks. Enron ain't just a river in Texas, people! Get out while you can!

I have no advice for you, because you have proven time and time again that you are too arrogant to listen to reasonable voices. I will laugh out loud on the day that your hubris is exposed to all, you arrogant jerks.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy