There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Everything you read is true.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

If you get lucky and land a monster deal, you can make a ton of money.

Cons

No tech resources. No training. No leads. Unhappy customers due to lack of support.

Invest in sales reps. Avoid high turnover. Respect reps.

327 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

There is no hand-holding.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The matrix structure means nobody has full control or knowledge of my day-to-day activities. There is freedom as far as what hours I work and what projects I spend my time on. In general, there is not a lot of structure and very little guidance is provided. It's expected that you will figure out what works and get it done. Lots of fun if you enjoy the challenge of being thrown into a tough situation with no idea what you're doing. Difficult problems, smart people, a constant learning experience.

Cons

There is definitely a slave driver mentality with little concern for employees' overall well-being. This results in high turnover as people get burned out. All of the negative comments about the company are based in fact. But most of these conditions can also be positive if you happen to have the attitude and mindset required to fit in.

Make more of an effort to keep people around. There is a huge loss in efficiency every time we lose someone with irreplaceable knowledge, and this happens far too often.

Exspendiable! Churn and Burn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Free Coffee
    Every other Friday is a free breakfast and Lunch. Free use of the microwave. Casual dress code for San Jose

Cons

Expectaions are to work you like dogs and in turn you get burned out and leave. Very high turn over.
    They hire straight out of college so they pay low and expect un realisitic goals to achieve.

Look in the mirror and ask if you would want your son or daughter to work here.
    Everything is about making money. No passion on what would make employess happy and perfom better.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy