Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

www.auxilium.com
There are newer employer reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

The management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only consider my boss, but he's also my mentor and my friend. I have an excellent opportunity for career growth and the company really encourages you to constantly educate yourself. The salary and incentive compensation can not only be considered fair, but they are very competitive. The benefits are great. Great insurance, company car, and corporate expense account. It is a very competitive work environment. You are rewarded and compensated for your hard work! Great place to work.

Cons

The 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in a car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are tired of office life). This can get lonely sometimes. It seems like lately I have been been listening to a lot of talk radio during the day to keep me occupied in the car. Since this is a "sales" position, there can be constant rejection from the doctors that you are speaking with. Also, this industry is volatile because it is based not simply on the success of the company, but also the political landscape and the insurance industry.

Communication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means. But other than that, my senior manager is one of the best managers that I have ever had. Honestly. The management in this company (from my experience) are competent, and genuine people. Take that comment with a grain of salt because I have only met roughly 10 members of management.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Small friendly company, great work-life balance

Cons

Company is being acquired by Endo Pharmaceuticals

Medical Sales Consultant

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

compensation was good, easy work-life balance

Cons

crappy market access, me-too product

There are newer employer reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals