Very rewarding

Former Employee - Quality Specialist  in  Temple, TX (US)
Former Employee - Quality Specialist in Temple, TX (US)

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The bennfit package and the people.

Cons

The long hour we work after everyone has gone home.

Other Reviews for BAE Systems USA

Up and down but the worst is the last two years and on.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some good mangement. Used to be easy to take classes related the your field to enhanced your knowledge. Used to have good benifit.

Cons

The last few years the company had been change from good to bad and from bad to worst. Good Management got layoff. Won't allow taking class except absolutely necessary with current work. Benifit cut down and health insurance down to one carrier that was what I hear.

The advice should go to the head quarter of the company in UK. If the company current situation is worst then the pass, head quarter should send someone to investigate and look into the problem. I wish I could help in some way but it was disappointed.

Avoid BAE Systems Land & Armaments

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros

Defense work can't be off-shored. Good people, dedicated to helping the soldier. Career opportunities are good but only if you are willing to relocate. Values are excellent. BAE Systems places a lot of emphasis on ethics and safety.

Cons

Culture is very poor. Severe cost challenges make it not a fun place to work right now. Moral and confidence in leadership is poor. Slow motion pull-out of Santa Clara site is demoralizing. Advancement is too contingent on mobility. If you can't or don't want to relocate, don't expect to grow beyond middle management.

Say what you are going to do and then do it. If you can't do it, be up-front immediately about why. Trust is built one confidence building act at a time.

There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA.

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!