BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Avoid this Dead End Job at all costs.

Sales Finance Collections (Former Employee)
Charleston, WV (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSteady paycheck. Free Parking and close to a intersection to avoid rush hour traffic.

ConsThe department is run under a dictatorship by a snotty nose dictator at which all management is overstaffed while the rest of the department is understaffed. The ole saying "to many Chiefs and not enough Indians" applies directly to this department. The Management is in a clique at which they do as much as they can to demote and kill morale in the department so they can to avoid promotions or raises for any of the employees in the department. The department is highly Micro Managed which is the big downfall of the job. It has caused a HIGH turnover rate which seems to make management very happy. In the past few years they have not replaced any of the many that have left and just added extra overtime and more work to save the department money which many feel that the site may eventually be closed due to many departments in the building being shut down. Morale is very low and every employee does minimal to get by. In this position a employee can NOT work independently without a supervisor breathing down their backs which has caused a large portion of the department to go on FMLA for bogus medical excuses to get through the agony of the job at which they can show up to work whenever they want. When hired in the position I was told that 6 months are evening shifts and 6 months are day shifts. Which was a complete LIE. Overtime is mandatory each week so when working the so called day shift it then becomes evening shift as well. And mandatory to stay late each evening. Many employees complain that they are being worked to death and yet management could care less. In this department if you give advice on how to improve the job or help productivity you are shunned upon as for they are always right and you are wrong. There is also no room for advancement in the department and when applying for a another department all requests are always denied. I personally have worked here for a few years and am considered a top performer and only receive a 1% raise each year with no promotions or any hope for advancement and always being shot down for any advancement in the company. It appears BB&t prefers to promote from outside the company than inside. To sum it up avoid this job at all costs unless you are totally desperate for work and have no where else to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up the clique and instead of gossiping, passing the buck & micro managing take time and accountability in doing some work so that you will have a understanding of whats going on in the department to better productivity and the work environment.

You can find better opportunities elsewhere.

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Decent salary for a financial institution, but beware, negotiate a good starting salary because raises are 1% yearly. Benefits are really good, especially the medical… Cons: Management is by fear and intimidation. You can't really win....if you disagree with an idea you are branded as difficult, if you agree out of… Advice to Senior Management: Replace Senior Management with professionals that are guided by the core values advertised in our employee handbook. Do away with the Good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible experience!

Teller Part Time (Former Employee)
Honaker, VA (US)

I worked at BB&T part-time for less than a year

Pros: They paid more on the hour than my previous employer. Cons: Horrible management and if they don't like you then they will try to get you fired even if they… Advice to Senior Management: Stay close to the supervisors and use good judgement not leaving… More

There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.