BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Over Worked, Under paid, short staffed!

Senior/Vault Teller (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe only pro there is for me is the benefits, only because I'm single.

ConsI work in a branch in Central Florida, we are always short staffed. We try to see if we can get more help, but we "don't qualify" for another person...what a joke! So when you come to "The Best Bank in Town"...haha, you will be waiting a while for something that should take only minutes. Most of the time, you will find only two people in a branch, talk about unprofessional. The policies are horrible, and when you ask for assistance from people, you never get the same answer from both parties. There are so many inconsistencies as well. The management is horrible! I would never recommend this bank. The pay is absolutely horrible, with short staffing and high expectations, the pay needs to be higher. They also do not live up to the culture that is preached to every employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect anything from management, they are hardly even around. They are expected to be outside of the office on business calls...supposedly, which is great and all, but that leaves the lack of approval authority in the branch for the ones who are there doing all the real work! Give an appropriate pay rate for people who have been with the company for years, vs people who have just been hired.

Great for customers, mediocre for employees

Relationship Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros: great employee cc rate, some great clients, good benefits (minus… Cons: regimented approach to sales, little room for advancement, low pay,… Advice to Senior Management: Allow the bank to be more flexible in terms of sales. Forcing employees to use specific phrasing makes the calls sound insincere. The bank… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Average bank

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: BB&T still matches 6% on the 401k and employees are still eligible for a pension. As long as you are close to hitting your goals… Cons: Way behind the curve in technology which is very frustrating. Communication between leadership and the branches is nonexistent. The leadership has closed ears and do… Advice to Senior Management: Stop pretending that you know everything... its ok to change from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.