Overall Positive

Current Employee - Lender  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Lender in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great leadership at the top with sincere desire to elevate the interests of all of it's stakeholders. Also, very competitive benefits package.

Cons

Advancement can be challenging and some of the mid-level management can be more of a barrier to progress than an enabler of it.

Constantly seek and give high priorty to feedback from line level employees to stay on top of emerging issues and trends in the marketplace.

Other Reviews for BB&T

Great place to bank and work.

Current Employee - Financial Center Leader  in  Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Center Leader in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

BB&T has a strong corporate culture. You have access to executive management in which you can voice your suggestions on what is working and what is not. They also have a great model for parnter referrals.

Cons

Some of the computer software and systems need enhancements and/or updated. Some of the computer software and systems need enhancements and/or updated. There are limited advancement opportunities in some of the newer markets which make it difficult to move up.

Web Developer

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at BB&T as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

A bank, they have money,and they have a lot of technology, that is not too far behind bleeding edge.

Cons

IT personell have absolutly no social skills whatsoever. If you have no personality or social skills and you never want any ... this is the place to work for you. They don't mentor or teach at all. You are either 100% qualified at your position, or they get rid of you. I needed about a month or two to ramp up to my position and they let me go after 3 weeks. I felt there was no instruction or mentoring to do my job, and they had no interest in helping me out to further my career. I would think they want you to be either bored and unchallenged at a job you know full well to do or else.

Also, they have a lot of bureaucracy (paperwork and procedures), and they only seem to have it for the sake of having it. They have absolutely no concept of what it's really for ... to provide a communication new for new(mainly) and existing workers. The processes and procedures they follow are unorganzied and difficult to follow ... what's the point of having it at all other than to say they have it.

At some point you need to realize the long-term effects of not allowing people to ramp up their careers in your organizaiton. If you hire people to be bored in the 4'x4' cubical confines of your organziation, you're going to have a lot of intellectually smart, albiet mean, antisocial, insects who are only happy about the pay, and nobody well-rounded is going to want to work with this borg.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!