BP
www.bp.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Positive and informative 1-year placement

Placement Student (Former Employee)
Pangbourne, England

I worked at BP full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company really look after it's employees, from health and safety (BP are big on this) to social life. They pay very well and I found the job to be of low stress.

ConsMight be difficult to progress quickly through the company as I believe they still have rules on being in a position for a minimum of 2 years before being promoted. Lower level staff aren't always informed directly on their impact on the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to speak to the little people about the front line work.

Roaming in the wilderness

Financial Manager (Former Employee)
City of London, England

I worked at BP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great salaries, benefits & training Cons: Way too much overhead & admin people working on all sorts of zero value projects. Seem to have lost the touch… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the admin overhead. Cut the fat. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bureaucratic and vendors are frustrating

Operations Support Manager (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at BP full-time for less than a year

Pros: - The people are really good to work with. - The pay and benefits are good. - The Company… Cons: - Some Vendors are a nightmare to work with. Very much focussed on delivering the bare minimum they can get away with. - The Company… Advice to Senior Management: Rather than get Consultancy Companies in, ask the people on the ground… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BP.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BP CEO Robert Dudley. All reviews posted anonymously by BP employees.