Restructure Needed

Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional  in  Newark, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at BT

Pros

Company has a great mission, cutting edge portfolio of services. Really has the potential to rocket> The leadership team is smart and savy and they truly have a great customer base and great front line employees.

Cons

Haven't invested enough in frontline support to make sure that we are offering quality of service, Haven't offered raises in 3 years. Each division works as it's own separate entitiy duplicating efforts or worse sabotaging efforts of other sales team. Even though GLT is great, Middle Management is not. There is too much politics and not enough action.

Focus on combining teams and groups to really understand the economy of scale and services that could be delivered. As a company BT is bleeding money as they are trying to compensate too many sales team. sales leaders etc on small deals

Other Reviews for BT

Good then very Bad

Former Employee - Network Tech  in  Princeton, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Network Tech in Princeton, NJ (US)

I worked at BT

Pros

I learned a lot a BT. It was a good starting point in a career in IT. Everyone was also very easy to get a long with.

Cons

After some time working there they figured you've worked there long enough to know everything so from then on there was no help with any new projects that came up. They also gave people no time off because there was no one that could cover their time, so people would be mad at each other. Work was also non-stop from the second I walked into the door to about 30 mins after when I was supposed to have already left.

Go to upper management to tell them that people are very unhappy. Tell them that people are burnt out from dealing with a million things all at once.

All internships are the same.

Current Employee - Internship  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Internship in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at BT

Pros

Great salary (700€/month), complete freedom to choose work-hours, but these must sum 25h/week.
    Training is provided throughout the internship.
    BT Graduate Program.

Cons

It is impossible to park the car where the buildings are located. Furthermore there are 2 buildings and constantly you have to move from one to another.
    Years ago CCNA was paid and salary was 10% higher.

BT looks as if it were living from past successes. I'd say better innovate, grow and hire more people (currently they're not hiring anyone).

There are newer employer reviews for BT.

Worked for BT? Contribute to the Community!