BT
www.btplc.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

The worst career experience I have ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
El Segundo, CA (US)

I worked at BT

ProsExcellent benefits and compensation. Generally competent peers within my department. Exposure to global experience in my field of interest. Closeness to home and airport for business travel.

ConsLeadership at various levels (it gets worse as leadership level elevates) lead from a place of fear, lack of information, self-preservation and situationally determined professional morals and ethics. Communication and collaboration between related groups and within groups are fractured at best. It appears that for eh lest couple of years the decision has been made to transform at least in the US to become a mini-EDS as many key positions have been and continue to be filled by its former employees. ironically, while BT espouses specific work values of integrity, collaboration and customer-focus, the culture of EDS and those BT has hired from EDS generally behave in the opposite or close to opposite manner. It's hypocritical and has contributed to the creation of a toxic work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize most of you who are in leadership positions are not respected and supported by the majority of employees in your teams. Self-reflect on why , take accountability and focus on transforming yourself because transformation is warranted.

BT is mixed bag

Head Off Business Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at BT

Pros: Job security Freedom to do explore your interests Cons: Ineffective organisational structure Slow Inability to make redundant under qualified personel Advice to Senior Management: Provide clearer avenues for advancement for "talented" employees. More

Executive Incompetence

I have been working at BT

Pros: Good projects, lots of good people, lots of money for projects,… Cons: The executives don't know how to manage: pension deficitions, excessive spending on projects that… Advice to Senior Management: Be more honest with your employees. Talk with us about upcoming changes. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BT.

Worked for BT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BT CEO Ian Livingston. All reviews posted anonymously by BT employees.