BT

www.btplc.com

The worst career experience I have ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsExcellent benefits and compensation. Generally competent peers within my department. Exposure to global experience in my field of interest. Closeness to home and airport for business travel.

ConsLeadership at various levels (it gets worse as leadership level elevates) lead from a place of fear, lack of information, self-preservation and situationally determined professional morals and ethics. Communication and collaboration between related groups and within groups are fractured at best. It appears that for eh lest couple of years the decision has been made to transform at least in the US to become a mini-EDS as many key positions have been and continue to be filled by its former employees. ironically, while BT espouses specific work values of integrity, collaboration and customer-focus, the culture of EDS and those BT has hired from EDS generally behave in the opposite or close to opposite manner. It's hypocritical and has contributed to the creation of a toxic work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize most of you who are in leadership positions are not respected and supported by the majority of employees in your teams. Self-reflect on why , take accountability and focus on transforming yourself because transformation is warranted.

Executive Incompetence

I have been working at BT

Pros: Good projects, lots of good people, lots of money for projects,… Cons: The executives don't know how to manage: pension deficitions, excessive spending on projects that… Advice to Senior Management: Be more honest with your employees. Talk with us about upcoming changes. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst experience of my entire career. I worked in the ElSegundo, Ca office which now has been tremendously down-sized.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BT

Pros: Benefits and base pay are excellent. Most peers within my department were competent. International work… Cons: Organizational/Cultural values are absent. This absence is reflected in how employees are treated. High level of politics, infighting and backstabbing that goes relatively… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that people are your greatest asset and treat them that way in genuine, demonstrable terms. Decide what your real values are and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BT.

Worked for BT? Contribute to the Community!