There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Annual review

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Once the machine is set in motion, it is a very powerful machine. Tends to be stuck in the starting blocks for a while, and project management system while necessary is sucking life out of innovation as well as time to market.

Cons

Takes a while to find who makes decisions, and to enforce. Dedication of the top management to a particular project is not flet with the urgency needed to the lower echelons

get rid of pdm, replace with a much lighter project management system at the service of the engineering team, and not vice versa.

670 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

I have learned a lot and have been able to travel to different parts of the country.

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer many classes to help you learn about your job and the company.

Cons

In some divisions, they do not pay as much attention to your career development as they should.

Make sure to spend some time focusing on your employees' career path. If they are working hard for you, then you need to do what it takes to keep them with you.

Baker Hughes is a great company to work for; really good culture, opportunities, and management.

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer Intern in Claremore, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Reliability Engineer Intern in Claremore, OK (US)

I have been working at Baker Hughes as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company is on the up-and-up, is under good management, has a great culture, and cares about its employees. My internship paid well, and the company is very good about hiring its interns back. I would describe the culture as being very diverse, relaxed, but also driven to do as well as possible. Baker Hughes seems to hire quality people with good interpersonal skills, so the work environment is fun.

Cons

In my 2 month internship, I didn't find any cons.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes