There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

A great company, that needs to let its new blood circulate freely in order to grow

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Aberdeen, Scotland
Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

The company is so diverse that there is no reason for anyone to ever be bored in their job, new challenges are always availible and in general most people you work with are excellent at there jobs, and will always be on hand to help. In general the company favours self-starters, and allows a lot of leeway in getting jobs done. Career advancement and opportunitys seem to come in cycles which provides stability for the most part, but also lots of dramatic changes ever few years at specific times. Upper management is approachable and fairly capable at helping you get things done, but the sheer size of the company almost ensures that you never deal with the same person twice, unless you have linked disciplines, or are working on complimentary projects. Company image is great with clients, and ensures that what you say is taken seriously with them.

Cons

Employee's with 10 -20years + make more money that some district managers, lots of guys with lots of experience, but they also tend to be slow to change, adverse to any new personnel coming in, and hold a lot of influence with the upper management team, and as such can roadblock your development because they've had the same job for years and don't want to move, which means you need to find a way around them, which is always resented. New Technologies not implimented quickly enough, and capable technical specialists are not always availible when required, and obviously aren't paid enough. The company needs to try harder to let younger employees develop in the company, rather being suffocated by the cynical, but experienced older personnel employeed above them.

Forget Rebranding the company's image - get some serious Business Development Managers in place to actual sell our services effectively

676 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

Great benefits package overall. Highly structured company

I have been working at Baker Hughes

Pros

Baker Hughes offers really good benefits package.

Cons

They don't offer much time off, very conservative mentality and working culture

Great learning experience with amazing employees and opportunities.

Former Employee - RDD Engineer V - Mechanical Engineer in The Woodlands, TX (US)

I worked at Baker Hughes as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Although it's a large company, I felt comfortable reaching out to others for help and insight. I knew nothing about the oil industry before my internship and came out after 3 months with a wealth of knowledge not only about the area I was working with, but the industry as a whole.

Cons

The only con was that it took over 5 months to get back to me after my interview that I had received a job offer.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes