There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Changing of shifts offered to employees

Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist II  in  Brea, CA (US)
Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Brea, CA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefit options and liberal time off.

Cons

Regular change in hours required to work without enough time to make adjustments to child care, car pools etc. Upper management was not flexible working with single parents

6593 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Ok place to work....

Former Employee - Associate Operations Representative  in  College Park, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Operations Representative in College Park, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Established company. Great discounts. Good benefits.

Cons

I worked in the 6000 Feldwood Road location. It was like high school. We were trained decently, but not there were too many loopholes and every other week there was an error in how we were previously trained which made us have to go back in and retrain. There were so many weird little "do-and don'ts". There were no career advancements.

You really should re-evaluate the training processes and who you hire for Lead and Management roles. The Retail Payment Services division was not properly trained and/or staffed and some of the leads were to into telling their personal business and what they own and drove than to lead and direct staff in a postive way. The Manager was rarely around and even when approached with issues, they were ignored.

Unit Manager I

Current Employee - Unit Manager I
    Current Employee - Unit Manager I

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunity to gain leadership and corporate experience. Benefits are first class, many employee focused programs and benefits to tap into.

Cons

Very political and difficult to navigate the good ol boy network at times. Salaries are deplorable for mid level managers and front line associates. This often leads to retention problems with the less capable associates remaining longer and having negative impact on the business. Cross functional departments and systems are often convoluted and leads to service issues for internal and external customers.

More effective execution of the pay-for-performance model. If an associate really wants to increase their salary, they often must leave the company and return a year later demanding a higher salary. While this works in many cases, it creates a negative experience for the both the associate and the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!