Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Changing of shifts offered to employees

Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Brea, CA (US)
Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Brea, CA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefit options and liberal time off.

Cons

Regular change in hours required to work without enough time to make adjustments to child care, car pools etc. Upper management was not flexible working with single parents

7787 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Ok place to work....

Former Employee - Associate Operations Representative in College Park, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Operations Representative in College Park, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Established company. Great discounts. Good benefits.

Cons

I worked in the 6000 Feldwood Road location. It was like high school. We were trained decently, but not there were too many loopholes and every other week there was an error in how we were previously trained which made us have to go back in and retrain. There were so many weird little "do-and don'ts". There were no career advancements.

You really should re-evaluate the training processes and who you hire for Lead and Management roles. The Retail Payment Services division was not properly trained and/or staffed and some of the leads were to into telling their personal business and what they own and drove than to lead and direct staff in a postive way. The Manager was rarely around and even when approached with issues, they were ignored.

In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America