Senior Operations Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I cannot speak on behalf of all departments within the organization. However, in my department, my Manager was very supportive of what I wanted to do with my career. My fellow Associates and I were also supportive of one another as well.

Cons

You do work with some fellow Associates who were loyal to the previous bank after a merger. Thus, making it difficult to work in the department. I either avoid them or wait until they eventually change their feelings towards the new bank.

Other Reviews for Bank of America

Goals vs Reality

Former Employee - Officer  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Officer in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None - ever since the downsize has occurred its all about them, never about the banking centers

Cons

no work/life balance. Goals are out of touch with reality, cannot get promoted even when your at 125% of your goals, no training/coaching

Bring back a solid traianing program. Bring back trainers who used to do the jobs in the banking centers, Shoulder to shoulder training with someone other then the manager

Great company with excellent benefits

Former Employee - National Production Support  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - National Production Support in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits. I was in a work from home job the last 2 years employed which really cant be beat.

Cons

401k really din't have much in the way of fund selection. I've read that this is pretty much standard for the banking industry. There is just too much money to be made back by offering mediocre funds and hoping you will buy the banks funds which tend to under perform the market and have high fees to boot. They also rely on out sourced labor so be prepared to be jettisoned if they deem you replaceable.

I still own BAC stock so keep up the out sourcing and continue to drive profits up but be aware that the offshore labor you hire are contractors. The don't work for the bank. They are loyal to the contractor company that prints their paychecks and will immediately jump ship for a higher paying gig at first opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!