There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

It is what you make of it...

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and plenty of opportunity to move around the company. The best way to make more money is to move around (which is encouraged).

Cons

Seemingly constant organization changes can be demoralizing as coworkers are let go (especially very strong performers). It can also be frustrating to have to deal with multiple managers and/or jobs (up to 4 in one year for me). You really need to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to change quickly. Benefits have tumbled the last few years.

Advice to Management

Be clear about the purpose for organization changes and ensure it's not being done to boost a new executive ego. Model the behavior you'd like to be seen from those you manage and if you are a "manager of managers" make sure you conduct a skip level conversation with your 2-down at least twice a year. Stay competitive on benefits and support the MyWork (work from home) program.

reviews filtered by

Current Employee - Mortgage Servising Team Manager in West Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servising Team Manager in West Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits, lots of opportunity thru out the company due to its size and promotion of growth, ability to move around in the company and gain knowledge and increase in pay.

Cons

unstable economy makes realiments of departments and segments of the bank not a guarnteed job for years and years. best to move around from department to department to gain knowledge, get increase in pay (not much increase if you remain in the same department)

2. Drinking the cool aid, you love it and hate it

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits package and other perks

Cons

Huge corporation, feeling like a number, drinking the cool aid

Advice to Management

To give people more freedom to be creative and entrepreneurial. Additoinally, if you want people to work hard and give you their best, you should make them feel as if they are heard and have a say in important decisions. Too often at Merril and I am sure the other bulge bracket firms, the non management mentally checks out and wipes themself of responsibility when it comes to many important business decisions that need to be made and could use the fresh minds, but do not because it is a given that management is making all decisions and dont take or want anyone elses opinion,.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America