There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

It is what you make of it...

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and plenty of opportunity to move around the company. The best way to make more money is to move around (which is encouraged).

Cons

Seemingly constant organization changes can be demoralizing as coworkers are let go (especially very strong performers). It can also be frustrating to have to deal with multiple managers and/or jobs (up to 4 in one year for me). You really need to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to change quickly. Benefits have tumbled the last few years.

Be clear about the purpose for organization changes and ensure it's not being done to boost a new executive ego. Model the behavior you'd like to be seen from those you manage and if you are a "manager of managers" make sure you conduct a skip level conversation with your 2-down at least twice a year. Stay competitive on benefits and support the MyWork (work from home) program.

6723 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Mortgage Servising Team Manager in West Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servising Team Manager in West Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits, lots of opportunity thru out the company due to its size and promotion of growth, ability to move around in the company and gain knowledge and increase in pay.

Cons

unstable economy makes realiments of departments and segments of the bank not a guarnteed job for years and years. best to move around from department to department to gain knowledge, get increase in pay (not much increase if you remain in the same department)

Great company to work with!

Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID (US)

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started out as a Teller and I was able to move up to a Sales & Service Specialist. I loved the people that I worked with and the customers. The company offers great benefits and products. The company is also great about promoting internally. As an Army wife, it is a good company since it is easy to transfer to other states.

Cons

There were times when I felt like I was being pushed to sale products that were not a good fit for our customers. There is some downsizing in the company. A huge con for me was having to step down and go back to part-time since my position was filled where I moved. That may not always be the case, but it was a huge con for me.

Look at where the branch is located and set goals based on that. A customer may not want to drive 30 miles to deposit/ withdraw money. Also, really look at what is being referred, some numbers are made up to by tellers to make themselves look good. That not only is dishonest, but makes the other tellers that are doing their job look bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America