Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Compliance and risk

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Great benefits and flexibility.

Cons

Many meetings about meetings Whig were counterproductive

Trust in middle management for daily operations decisions

6968 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Technical Analyst

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Telecommuting. Being downtown Charlotte, NC. Easy commute. And the day I found another job and quit.

Cons

Nepotism was the order of the day. A lot of angry and frustrated co-workers. Horrible helpdesk in India which was borderline incompetent. Antiquated approach to solving technical problems. Onboarding required too much training that was not related job-related.

Nepotism and cronism was the order of the day. I saw at least one incompetent person get promoted because of who she was friends with. And yes, she did a very poor job because she was too busy playing "Lady of the Manor" to function correctly in a professional environment. She really thought that she was a "Queen of the realm". You need to review your Middle Management and replace the people who shouldn't be there. Because of people like this, Bank of America now has the dubious distinction of being one of the worst places to work in Charlotte, NC by reputation. I know of several consulting firms that won't send consultants to you because of the bad managers who work for you. You really need to clean house from the Director level down to the lowest levels of Middle Management so that you can rebuild your reputation. But maybe the focus on sending jobs to India is a greater priority. Hence, nothing will change.

Not to bad great opportunities and learning leadership

Current Employee - Teller in Richardson, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Richardson, TX (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

workers are great, learn many things here on this job than any other jobs I worked with. Develop skills to improve in career. If you have great management team if will make your job lot easier. Management are there for you if you give them a chance.

Cons

everything is sales and numbers now. They are restructuring so who knows how the changes going to affect work place.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America