very good

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bank of Ireland

Pros

at bank of ireland every one works for each other, every one gets on well because we will strive to achieve the same goal

Cons

during my first year in the job i had to work very long hours, maybe even 12 hours a day 7 days a week

Other Reviews for Bank of Ireland

Unless the price is right, look for another bank.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Bank of Ireland

Pros

Good workers, great team environments, and hungry individuals. Good Benefits and 401k package. A lot of face time with upper management, able to voice opinion (however usually falls through the cracks).

Cons

The division I work for used to be very nimble, think on the fly, and have an entrepreneurial mindset. However over the last 2 years the company has literally been on hold with any strategic thinking. This organization may be a positive one in the future when it pulls its head out of the sand, however currently I would not recommend this organization to anyone unless the price was extremely right.

Think proactively not re actively. Think about innovation to stay ahead of the curve rather than following the pack. Global expansion is key to diversification.....BOI does not think this way. Make calculated risks for future rewards (currently extreme minimum risks are taken which equals minimal gains to lower level employees).

Blech

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Auditor in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Bank of Ireland

Pros

Good pay, reasonable time off.

Cons

Senior management is a joke and unless you are a favorite, you do not get promoted. All hiring is based on who likes who best, not about competencies.

Take a good hard look at HR practices!

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of Ireland.

Worked for Bank of Ireland? Contribute to the Community!