Bank of the West
www.bankofthewest.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

A great place to learn proper skills and grow in the banking/finance industry.

Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West

ProsBank of the West offers great benefits and incentives to their employees. Plus you get to interact with new and returning clients every day.

ConsSometimes it seems more of a sales job than working towards a career as a CSR. Also, you can encounter days when you have hard to deal with clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach the CSR's more tools needed in order to grow within the company (on the corporate end) rather than just within the branch.

Leadership? Get some!!

Vice President (Former Employee)
San Ramon, CA (US)

I worked at Bank of the West

Pros: * HQ in CA * Good training classes available through Learning & Development *… Cons: * Human Resources department is totally "pro-management" and is non-responsive to employee feedback or concerns; most employees don't even bothercontacting them anymore because they… Advice to Senior Management: Executives need to set the pace: Establish company-wide goals that are communicated down so that all departments and employees are marching to the same… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Incompetence is a high mark at Bank of the West

Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)
San Leandro, CA (US)

I worked at Bank of the West

Pros: If you're used to working in a fast food environment and can brush off the… Cons: Human resources doesn't help with your problem, but they do a good job at turning the situation against you. I've seen more whistleblowers forced out… Advice to Senior Management: If Starbucks can afford proper training for it's baristas why can't a bank? Have group goals instead of individual goals for your branches. Recognition is not shown… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bank of the West.

Worked for Bank of the West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of the West reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of the West CEO J. Michael Shepherd. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of the West employees.