Bank of the West
www.bankofthewest.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Great People, Bad Mgmt

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA lot of the employees at BOW are genuine, nice people who are lovely to work with.

ConsManagement seems to be going in a direction of pressuring their employees to get more sales all the time. They always emphasized to employees the importance of offering additional products and services, but now they are pressuring employees to pressure customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want happy employees and customers, relax the constant sales pressure. Customers don't like to be pressured, and employees don't like doing it.

Great company and close knit

I have been working at Bank of the West

Pros: Super tight knit team, friendly atmosphere and great people. Truly… Cons: Geographically limited to the west coast Advice to Senior Management: N/A More

Just ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of the West

Pros: Great place to balance work and life Cons: Most of the senior managers do not reside locally, therefore they do not have a clear picture on how employees are… More

There are newer reviews on Bank of the West.

Worked for Bank of the West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of the West reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of the West CEO J. Michael Shepherd. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of the West employees.