Barnes & Noble

www.barnesandnoble.com
  www.barnesandnoble.com
There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble

A great opportunity

Current Employee - Lead Bookseller in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Lead Bookseller in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Barnes & Noble full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work with most of their employees.

Cons

Need to eliminate bad hires sooner.

Overall fairness to all employees instead of overseeing flaws do to favortism or not willing to discipline.

1166 Other Employee Reviews for Barnes & Noble (View Most Recent)

Seasonal Employee - Great for what it was

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at Barnes & Noble over the holiday season right after college and before I got my first "career job". It was a great short term job for me. Even in the holiday rush the other staff was friendly and it was fun being in the know about the latest books for a little while. While it wasn't a career for me I had a good time while I was there and would go back if I needed something again in the short term.

Cons

Long hours on your feet, and customers always expect you to know where every book is, even if it's the most obscure title. I spent a fair amount of time on the phone trying to track down random books from other locations.

Great job through college

Former Employee - Music Seller in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Music Seller in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice and accommodating as a company, stores vary of course. Great environment, fun place to work, good place to be yourself! Good benefits, including discounts. And you can put your life partner on your benefits!

Cons

The customers! But that's unavoidable haha. And some stores don't have cafes! Also, pretty much no one had the same level of customer service as I do, but I'm old fashioned.

Don't let being a key-holder go to your head. And don't take out your anger about the fact that you being a manager is the best you can do on your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble