Not a bad part time job.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Warrington, PA (US)
Former Employee - Cashier in Warrington, PA (US)

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management worked with my college schedule, and nice coworkers.

Cons

Low Pay.
Limited/Slow advancement opportunities.
Management doesn't listen to ideas that may improve the way things are done.

Give more advancement opportunities.
Open your ears to employees who have ideas that can change the store for the better.

Other Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

You'll develop a thick skin, or quit.

Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST in Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-There is a great deal of autonomy to help customers.
    -Working with brides and new home owners to create registries was the best part of my day. I really enjoyed taking them on what was essentially a guided shopping spree!
    -In general my store was in a well to do part of an already lovely small city, so most of the customers were fun to work with, easy to sell to, and very polite.
    -Lots of opportunity to move into management since very few people can tolerate the culture of abuse.
    -If you're organized you can really shine during Back to School pack and ship season!

Cons

Corporate seems to be stuck in a culture of abuse. I could often hear our DM screaming profanities at our SM and OpsM from downstairs. In one year we saw 6 SMs in our district step down to less stressful dept. manager positions.
    Many dept managers were frighteningly lazy and left most of the closing duties to me - I was the CST. I can only pray other stores are better.

Take some courses in anger management, communication, marketing, sales, and management. You'll probably see much less employee turn over. I was part of the team that set and opened my store, but by the time I moved away (and quit rather than transfer) I was the only person left from the original team.

A company which places very little value on employees and their welfare.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has many stores and therefore it is possible to relocate, seek advancement or maintain part time hours to your convenience.

Cons

1)No benefits whatsoever for part-time workers.
    2) A minimal twenty percent employee discount.
    3)There are no rewards in place for employees for eg christmas bonus or awards for performance.

Spend some time and money to develop benefit packages for all your employees. Empower your employees to make more decisions instead of being micro-managed by your "pass the buck system".
    Try to build a positive morale in the stores by hiring good managers who spend time buiding good relationships with staff , recognise outstanding performances in the moment on a daily basis and reward employees frequently with a pat on the back, consistently praising their accomplishments.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!