There are newer employer reviews for Bemis

Bemis IT is a great place to work

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Oshkosh, WI (US)
Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Oshkosh, WI (US)

I worked at Bemis

Pros

Global company that has a small company family feel to it. Bemis allows most employees to leave to take care of family or personal issues with no questions asked. Company is progessive with technology which allows you to work with a lot of great technologies. Very little micromanagement which allows you the freedom to do your job without someone staring over your shoulder all of the time. They tend to give you "cost of living" increase every year.

Cons

IT does not have a ton of visibility from the Senior Level Management which allows for a lack in urgency in keeping up with needs especially in the facilities. This is also caused by the fact that IT has done such a good job of meeting the needs of the company that there is no perceived problem. The separation of IT between Neenah and Oshkosh creates a disconnect between what to two areas are working on which can cause issues. Certain divisions or departments have too leniency to do their own things which creates support issues and undermines policies. Salaries tend to be 10-20% below industry for the size of the company. No review process just standard raises.

Advice to Management

Keep the great environment and add value by giving IT the tools they need. Do a salary review based on what the employees are doing not what their title is and compare it to the rest of the industry. Get IT department back to one facility.

reviews filtered by
  1. Average employer

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at Bemis

Pros

Friendly environment. Possible to work there and have a balance between life and work.

Cons

Not enough career opportunities for women.

Advice to Management

Provide clearer direction on skill sets needed for future advancement opportunities. Do more training for leadership on management skills.