Bemis
www.bemis.com Neenah, WI 5000+ Employees

Bemis IT is a great place to work

Technical Analyst (Former Employee)
Oshkosh, WI (US)

I worked at Bemis

ProsGlobal company that has a small company family feel to it. Bemis allows most employees to leave to take care of family or personal issues with no questions asked. Company is progessive with technology which allows you to work with a lot of great technologies. Very little micromanagement which allows you the freedom to do your job without someone staring over your shoulder all of the time. They tend to give you "cost of living" increase every year.

ConsIT does not have a ton of visibility from the Senior Level Management which allows for a lack in urgency in keeping up with needs especially in the facilities. This is also caused by the fact that IT has done such a good job of meeting the needs of the company that there is no perceived problem. The separation of IT between Neenah and Oshkosh creates a disconnect between what to two areas are working on which can cause issues. Certain divisions or departments have too leniency to do their own things which creates support issues and undermines policies. Salaries tend to be 10-20% below industry for the size of the company. No review process just standard raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the great environment and add value by giving IT the tools they need. Do a salary review based on what the employees are doing not what their title is and compare it to the rest of the industry. Get IT department back to one facility.

Average employer

Market Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bemis

Pros: Friendly environment. Possible to work there and have… Cons: Not enough career opportunities for women. Advice to Senior Management: Provide clearer direction on skill sets needed for future advancement… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent work environment with great people

Process Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Bemis full-time

Pros: The people are great to work with, and the environment encourages everyone to succeed. There… Cons: Salaries are lower that what can be achieved at similar positions elsewhere in the area. It… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to salary levels for other major employers in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bemis.

Worked for Bemis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bemis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bemis CEO Henry J. Theisen. All reviews posted anonymously by Bemis employees.