There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland City, MD (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland City, MD (US)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits for all

Cons

Hours can be forced on some

...Pay as always.

6002 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Best Buy!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the company for pay, awesome co-workers, the product, and some discounts were amazing. Loved being a resource for people. got alot of amazing training and product knowledge that i will always carry with me.

Cons

All in all its an awesome company to work for but its none commission (which is cool for me) but they push to sale! .. none stop pushing to sale for revenue buget and margin. which is still benefitcal because you still get bonus for the month off of 100% budget. I loved the people, but for the store i worked for 186 broomfield co, some of the managment treated you like your stupid or a 4 year old. making people ''explain why they took this step for this reason and what their ''consequence should be'', the discount kind of blows because usually its family anywhere else, but for best buy they say only YOU!!! then i love how you work 39.5 hours and considered part time no beneifits and your bonus is only 15% of buget and full time working 37+ hrs you get 35% of buget

Treat the associates with respect! were not 5 years old. people make mistakes and its NONE COMMISION! DONT PUSH TO SALE.

Great but stressfull

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, CO (US)

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, fun atmosphere. Great managers are amazing. The new bonus structure is good as well as the employee discount!

Cons

No commission but treated as a commission job. Criticized for not pushing protection plans & tech support on customers. Difficult goals for average kid or salesmen.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy