There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

At least it's a stable job.

Current Employee - Supervisor
Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employee accommodations, some very smart coworkers, some leadership cares about you as a person, good pay rates for retail, lots of repeat customers that become friends, good recognition system to line level (FT or PT) employees.

Cons

Too many people have different opinions of how to run the place instead of sticking to the structure the company has given to the stores. There's not much of a quality of life once you get to a leadership position (supervisor or above). The company may or may not go private in February, so uncertainty is looming in every store.

Choose your teams carefully and give the people that work hard the credit they deserve. Leadership teams do not get the credit they deserve.

5825 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Took the threat of leaving for advancement

Former Employee - Project Assistant  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a very proactive and adaptable company. Many opportunities to give back in the community as well. The entire team was very close-knit and socialized well outside of work. The culture within the big blue box was typical of a well to do, enthusiastic retail team.

Cons

The particular store I worked at was not very diverse or well off in advancement opportunities. I was personally passed over so that senior management could diversify the department even though the candidates were not well qualified, which was unfortunate for everyone involved in the end.

Being more personal with advancement and improvement is a plus. I felt very lumped with my peers when I was above average.

Don't bother

Former Employee - Customer Specialist  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Company discount could be worse, for a retail store. Most fellow employees are friendly. If you're passionate about selling things to people this could be an okay place to work. If you like loud music constantly playing, then it might be for you.

Cons

Pay is abysmal, even for a retail store.
    Management
    Lack of opportunities for advancement
    Stressful work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!