There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Good job enjoyable

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

There were great benefits here.

Cons

There were no issues at all.

5961 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Great people! Fun Job! not very good with pay.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL (US)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The old discounts are back (5% above cost). Pretty flexible with your schedule too. The people you work with are great and makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Being non commission makes it easier to sell and less stressful on yourself. That being said you do not make as much money.

Cons

The only reason I am leaving (Just put my 2 weeks in) is because of pay. If I was getting paid more I would stay and maybe consider BestBuy a career choice. The average employee is making 9-10 dollars an hour. There is a chance to bonus but happens maybe 2-3 times a year. If you are looking for part time work around 15-25 hours a week Best Buy will be great! If you NEED to be making more money you will need to look elsewhere (I start AT&T in 2 weeks and will be making 3-4 times what I make now doing the same thing just focused strictly on AT&T products...not 14 other carriers) I have worked for the company for almost 3 years and have seen the decline, I truly hope for a turnaround for Best Buy!!!

Path To Excellence is a good way to keep the "drive" for your sales team, some what makes up for no commission. The company's biggest struggle is paying employees for the work they do. Receiving 1 dollar for every 1,000 you make is great business but will lead to high turnover. Fix this issue now before it becomes an even bigger problem (Best Buy cannot afford any more problems)

Good Place to Work

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Lots of good people, great industry

Cons

Matrixed org, lots of levels to decision making

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy