Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

One of the best places I have ever been. Would work there again.

Former Employee - Sales Transaction Assistant  in  Taunton, MA (US)
Former Employee - Sales Transaction Assistant in Taunton, MA (US)

Pros

Great environment! Like one big family!

Cons

No complaints at all. Great!

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other reviews for Best Buy

Best experience working with Best Buy.

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate  in  Gresham, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Gresham, OR (US)

Pros

-The ecosystem. It is a really great, fun environment to work at.
    -Improving the social skills.

Cons

-Not really a con, but not becoming a permanent employee, which is understandable of course.

I've had an exceptional management team. If any other management is reading this, I can say that one of the important things when you are managing the store is - to of course manage the store, but when it comes to interaction with employee's treat them as people and with respect, and it is always great (but optional) to have a great sense of humor.

Probably one of the better retail jobs for skill building

Pros

I'm not going to make any rose-colored projections about how a retail job would change your life, but if you do find yourself needing to work in retail-this is probably one of the best companies you can join to build interpersonal/career skills. They are very training-intensive, and the nature of the job demands you contribute a high level of performance. I was a home theater sales associate for almost 3 years, and got quite a bit of technical knowledge as well as confidence in interacting with strangers. Also, everybody that works there is quite amicable and good natured-qualities I think the company values intensively during the hiring process. I made quite a few good friends. They are also pretty good about promoting from within, I knew quite a few high level employees who got their starts as regular sales associates.

Cons

You are there to make the company money, and at times this can make you feel exploited/expendable. If you stick to the job and do good work, you won't really have a lot of anxiety about your position.

Make sure your employees feel cared for

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!