There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Excellent employer, wonderful coworkers

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people: great bosses, great coworkers. Decent retail wages. Discount, part-timer benefits, vendor offers. Very socially active company, hires employees with tattoos and piercings, allows employees to express individual style. Comprehesive training. Internal hiring for higher positions.

Cons

Pay is not great. Hard to move up in rank without changing positions or stores often. No commission. Dealing with a LOT of dumb and/or frustrating people daily.

Wonderful place to work! Please encourage more vendor accomodations. There were many more when i started than now.

6002 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Fast paced environment -fantastic human capital in a friendly environment

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule despite the cancellation of ROWE -flex scheduling didn't go away
    Values of the company

Cons

Old IT systems that don't "talk" to each other

One of the best decisions of my life.

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Cranberry Township, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Cranberry Township, PA (US)

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is fantastic. With an atmosphere that is bustling, happy, and upbeat, the building is always a pleasure walking through in the morning. Working as a high school student, the hours were fantastic. I could get 30+ if I was in need of the money, but I could cut it down to two days a week in a heartbeat if I was feeling overwhelmed. The atmosphere along with the employees was fantastic. The job is also very enjoyable. Working with and education people about all the latest electronics give one a sense a purpose and accomplishment as opposed to the vast majority of jobs not requiring an education. I highly recommend anyone even thinking about the company to apply and see what happens. The vast majority of my coworkers enjoy their jobs, along with myself. Also, excellent compensation followed with generous annual raises.

Cons

Upper management can be blind at times and can disappoint when stressful situations arise. This is rare, however.

Stop yelling at each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy