Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

www.gatesfoundation.org

the mission is everyone's true north

ProsIn many ways, it's like most complex organizations - constant leadership change, reorgs, shifting priorities. But at the end of each day, no matter how challenging, I walk away knowing I contributed in some way to a greater good.

ConsYour success hinges greatly on your manager. This can be a very good thing if you have a manager who is your champion. If you don't, it could be completely detrimental to your career growth. Manager effectiveness is still very much an area of development for the organization as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge that employees who aren't managers or directors still have a voice. More skip-level feedback should be encouraged, even solicited.

Great place to work, but if you are contractor in IT and hope to become full time employee you will be disappointed.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation as a contractor

Pros: Great location. Awesome new campus with plenty of windows and work… Cons: If you are a contractor you will quickly feel left out in many events that take place at the foundation. If you are working as a… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great mission, too many strategy changes

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The foundation has tremendous benefits and incredible people and a… Cons: the culture is largely ego driven, hierarchial and the strategy… Advice to Senior Management: Start leading and inspiring instead of show-boating More

There are newer reviews on Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Worked for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? Contribute to the Community!