There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec

Good company with lots of opportunity - should have several new drugs on the market in the next few years.

Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, yearly bonus, contests/cash incentives, employee stock purchase plan, generous vacation and sick time

George Scangos, the CEO is developing a great culture.

Cons

leadership/management can be slow to act.

reviews filtered by

Horrific Senior Departmental Leadership Results in Fear of Retaliation

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company strives to provide excellent patient therapies and has made great corporate strides over the past few years.

Cons

Some departments function on an environment of fear where senior departmental leaders are not held to the same standards as lower level employees, creating a toxic environment. Significantly constrained resources lead to unrealistic expectations and inability to meet established goals. Over the span of several years, it was my observation that HR does not support the employee and is swayed by political/managerial bias.

Advice to Management

I strongly advise senior management to dive deep into "troubled departments" with high turnover rates and speak with employees (and

2. Excellent Company

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent people, benefits, and industry. Biogen is an excellent company to work for it's nice to know that you are helping people in need.

Cons

Corporate workload and turnover of finance and senior management. Can get very political and sometimes project work doesn't add value.

There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec