Biogen Idec

www.biogenidec.com
  www.biogenidec.com
There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec

Horrific Senior Departmental Leadership Results in Fear of Retaliation

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Cambridge, MA (US)
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company strives to provide excellent patient therapies and has made great corporate strides over the past few years.

Cons

Some departments function on an environment of fear where senior departmental leaders are not held to the same standards as lower level employees, creating a toxic environment. Significantly constrained resources lead to unrealistic expectations and inability to meet established goals. Over the span of several years, it was my observation that HR does not support the employee and is swayed by political/managerial bias.

I strongly advise senior management to dive deep into "troubled departments" with high turnover rates and speak with employees (and

234 Other Employee Reviews for Biogen Idec (View Most Recent)

I had a good experience and the benefits are outstanding.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate III in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate III in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money, benefits. bonuses, Food celebrations, free computer training

Cons

12 hour rotating shifts. Fast paced environment.

don't be swayed by the money alone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibility is given to employees, primarily because the company is so lean. So it is a great place to work if you are one of those "live to work' people. The pay is also above average, and string 3-4 years together like I have and you can save some serious cash (of course, a chunk of that comes from stock price increases, which almost certainly won't keep at most recent pace)

Cons

Can a company be too collaborative? This one is: lots of time is spent in large, all-day meetings trying to gain consensus; which is nearly impossible and a waste of precious time. This leaves nearly everyone gasping for air, and doing their day jobs late at night, early in the a.m. while th kids are still sleeping, and on weekends. Also, the range of expectations, based on what group you are in, is unbelieveable. Some groups are responsible for following everything. Other groups seem to have few expectations to meet. I feel bad for the commercial people in the US. They have no lives. Finally, the hours here can be extreme.

employee retention rates will almost certainly jump soon...lots of folks are absolutely burnt

There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec