Fulfilling place to work

Current Employee - Global Operations/PO&T  in  Weston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Global Operations/PO&T in Weston, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous salary, stock options and benefits. The company has also had a recent rollout of flex work options – employees can work from home up to 3 days per week if they want. The work itself is overall fulfilling; although I am on the operations side of the business, I do feel at the end of the day the work I am doing is benefiting someone’s life and their health. I feel the senior management communicates well with employees and find our CEO and executive leadership to be humble and a ‘all hands on deck’ attitude. They truly seem to value each employee’s contributions.

Cons

Workload can be a lot at times, however the company recognizes hard work and collaboration.

Keep up with the good work. I don’t know how I will ever want to leave the company!

Other Reviews for Biogen Idec

used to be one of the great ones

Current Employee - Staff Associate  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Associate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are outstanding and the work from home option is fantastic

Cons

I agree with the cronyism-it needs to stop. As does the cesspool of cronyism and bullying in Quality and Manufacturing. You can royally screw up but as long as you booze with the right people it gets swept under the rug.

Current management is not good

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some outstanding people there positioned the company where it is today. Current earnings and drugs coming to market were the result of great foresight from those individuals.

Cons

Current management is taking credit for their predecessors but underperforming now. Mismanagement and a reversion to failed practices from the past don't bode well for the long run. They speak a good game but practice taking the money and I bet they will run before the floor drops.

Reverse course now. Stop your cronyism and keep good people that put Biogen where it is today

There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!