Biogen Idec
www.biogenidec.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

Current management is not good

Associate Director (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome outstanding people there positioned the company where it is today. Current earnings and drugs coming to market were the result of great foresight from those individuals.

ConsCurrent management is taking credit for their predecessors but underperforming now. Mismanagement and a reversion to failed practices from the past don't bode well for the long run. They speak a good game but practice taking the money and I bet they will run before the floor drops.

Advice to Senior ManagementReverse course now. Stop your cronyism and keep good people that put Biogen where it is today

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Zug (Switzerland)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great products for MS patients, some nice people too. … Cons: Not the 'culture' that is touted by management. Several people who work there are back-stabbers and mobbers who pull the seniority card if they… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. All of them, not just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fulfilling place to work

Global Operations/PO&T (Current Employee)
Weston, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than a year

Pros: Generous salary, stock options and benefits. The company has also had a recent rollout of flex work options – employees can work from home up… Cons: Workload can be a lot at times, however the company… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up with the good work. I don’t know how… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biogen Idec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biogen Idec CEO George A. Scangos. All reviews posted anonymously by Biogen Idec employees.