Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

www.bcbstx.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

a Company that cares about their employees

Current Employee - Quality Supervisor in Abilene, TX (US)
Current Employee - Quality Supervisor in Abilene, TX (US)

I have been working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company will develop and set a person up for retirement - Additionally, the professional environment is a huge plus.

Cons

The only cons of this company - sometimes you may only promote to a limit and not be able to promote any higher depending on the area of expertise.

Advice to Management

This is a great company to work for to develop your management skills.

reviews filtered by

Mixed experiences at BCBSTX

Former Employee - Cliams Examiner III, Abilene TX in Abilene, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Cliams Examiner III, Abilene TX in Abilene, TX (US)

I worked at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BCBS is extremely employee-friendly with regard to benefits and training. They seem to be most successful at cultivating talent on the lower-management level.

Cons

The management style of BCBS in Abilene, Texas, was a mix of micro-managing, destructive divisiveness, and selective privilege. While most of my supervisors and senior supervisors were great, upper management encouraged a very visible split between "us" and "them," using information or withholding information to make the separation clear. Often upper management was condescending, elite, and dishonest. Instead of utilizing the talent on the floor, they ignored their employees' ideas, concerns, and constructive criticism. The work environment fluctuated between demoralized apathy to sheer frustration, largely due to the breakdown in respect and communication on the level of mid- to upper-management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employers, actually listen, and realize they have a better understanding of their jobs, including problems and ways to improve, than you do. Give them credit for intelligence and a desire to excel; stop assuming that only management is worth your time and attention.

2. developer

Current Employee - Developer in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Developer in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nothing much about the pros...good benefits

Cons

No knowledge improvement and most of the time without work...

Advice to Management

technology competence is very out dated