Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

I have very little bad to say about Booz Allen. I have very high quality colleagues and challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quality people
Challenging and meaningful work
High-integrity culture
Focus on people development through training and tuition reimbursement
Work-life balance
Executive leadership is always adjusting to the landscape and ensuring the health of the business. I believe that we have real adults in leadership in the Firm.
The bi-annual people survey is actually used to make changes that improve the work conditions for employees.

Cons

I personally do not like the fact that as one becomes more senior they are required to market. It is just not my preference.

More flexibility to take a technical or project management track only without an emphasis on business development.

2219 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Fayetteville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Fayetteville, NC (US)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best on boarding ever - creates immediate personal investment in company. Felt like a valuable asset and appreciated management involvement in the employees' well-being. Great benefits and educational opportunities. Even the upper management took the time to make new team members feel welcome and as if their contributions mattered. People actually listened and took suggestions into consideration - or at least were polite enough to pretend, which goes a long way! Smart, creative and personally invested coworkers make for a wonderful work atmosphere. Client facing contract work is interesting and rewarding, with the opportunity to make real and noticeable contributions to customer productivity.

Cons

Only con was the teaming with other companies - created a bit of pay inequity for people doing the same jobs side by side, and fragmenting within teams. Not Booz Allen's fault, just a byproduct of teaming contracts.

The 360 evaluation process is horrendously complicated and time consuming. A simple "how to" guide would've made it less intimidating the first go through. I do appreciate that it's online, though.

Fantastic learning experience, a big too top-heavy though

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, people are extremely welcoming and willing to offer up their network to support you. Lots of flexibility with your work schedule, and fantastic health / retirement benefits.

Cons

Senior leadership struggles to get a good pulse check of the overall working situation, morale has significantly decreased since going public, lots of strong people are leaving due to lower salary and larger proposal burden.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton