Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

I have very little bad to say about Booz Allen. I have very high quality colleagues and challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quality people
Challenging and meaningful work
High-integrity culture
Focus on people development through training and tuition reimbursement
Work-life balance
Executive leadership is always adjusting to the landscape and ensuring the health of the business. I believe that we have real adults in leadership in the Firm.
The bi-annual people survey is actually used to make changes that improve the work conditions for employees.

Cons

I personally do not like the fact that as one becomes more senior they are required to market. It is just not my preference.

More flexibility to take a technical or project management track only without an emphasis on business development.

2223 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity to prove your value

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very much a sink or swim mentality. You need to be able to perform when needed,and are constantly challanged to develop your skills and capabilities. Good opportunity to work on different projects.

Cons

You need to be available well over the 40 hours you are paid for. The overall firm is great, but your happiness will vary greatly depending on the team and leadership you fall under. No bonuses unless you are a senior accociate or above, which is terrible.

Soon to be former employee

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Tuition Reimbursement (5K per calender year)
    - Decent PTO

Cons

- ECAP no longer at 10% after 2/15/13.
    - Lower than average salaries compared to competitors
    - Lack of job security
    - Low morale due to lack of job security
    - Too DoD heavy; you need to get into more commercial work
    - Selling out to Carlyle Group was like selling the company's soul to the devil
    - Loss of the company's true talented project management and technical experts due to all the reasons above

I joined this company back in 2006. It was a great company back then. After almost 7 years, I am actively seeking employment outside of Booz Allen. This company is falling down rapidly now with all these defense cuts being implemented. I believe executive management actually wants their people to leave instead of firing them. Get involved with commercial work instead of being so DoD heavy. DoD is going be suffer for at least 10 years with all these budget cuts, so Booz Allen better get delve into the commercial market in order to retain whatever few talented people they have left in order to survive.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton