There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Don't contract here. Don't expect to be here more than 2 years.

Current Contractor - Systems Analyst in Portsmouth, NH (US)
Current Contractor - Systems Analyst in Portsmouth, NH (US)

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building. Lots of work, never boring.They have a great espresso machine in the main kitchen. Great opportunities to learn. Good place to wait out the economic recovery.

Cons

Absolutely horrible culture. There is no real Life/Work balance even so they talk about how great it is all the time. Most permanent employees regularly work 10 hour days just to keep up.

They do not do their homework on mergers. They bought a large portion of Intuit's business but don't even have close to the infrastructure to integrate the group into the company.

Bottomline has a horrible reputation in the area for over work and underpay. I know a couple of very talented technology professionals looking for their next move who won't event consider this company due to their reputation. They currently have about 40 positions right now that they just can't fill. Seems their reputation is catching up with them.

Very telling of the pay scale. They have many VPs and Directors but if you look in the parking lot there are almost no high end cars. Usually tech bosses love their BMWs.

Advice to Management

Realize that it is not all about the profits. Treat your people with some respect. Pay them what they are worth.

reviews filtered by

Best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH (US)

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity is not defined by your job title. Anyone has the ability to make a real impact. The company does a great deal to support employees through difficult personal situations and they have the best benefit package I have experienced.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment unlike any I have ever worked at before. It makes things exciting but it is certainly not the right fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

Don't just set goals. Ensure the employees below you have some direction on how best to work together to achieve them.

2. Takes care of its employees

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Upper management has a vision, is driving the company forward.

Cons

At times, and in certain departments, very little respect for work life balance. In pursuit of satisfying the largest and most demanding clients, working evenings and weekends are the norm.

Advice to Management

Staff adequately, especially for large deployments, ensure that the teams (including team management) can switch off/trade off to provide the agressive and demanding coverage that the largest customers demand. Burnout risk is high here.