Bridgepoint Education

www.bridgepointeducation.com
  www.bridgepointeducation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Took some time getting used to the product and types of students....

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

If you are fresh out of college, it is a great place to work. Or.. if you are older and seeking some extra income for the family.. it is a great place to work. Since they did away with the matrix, the atmosphere has completely changed. It is a LOT of fun.. not kidding.. a ton of fun. We work hard but we play games, listen to loud musich, throw balls all around, and are caring on the phone with students and each other. Truly never worked in such a fun place where they want to make it fun for you.

Cons

If you have only B to B experience and are used to making money and having incentives for closing more deals.. it will be VERY frustrating. But if you really need a job, want to learn a new industry... and do not mind the pay.. it is a good place to work till you get a real job. The frustrating part is seeing kids on my team.. making 103K per year and are locked in at that rate. Crazy.. and so not worth it. Good for them though.

I think they are doing a fine job. I really think you need to stop feeding floor and OAP unassigned to your vets as most of them sit on their rears and wait for hand outs. Give those to the performers of the month, make them work for their money as I see a lot of them getting lazy. So what if they performed for 1-3 yrs, now they are not and are just taking hand outs. I know this is true as I sit with them all day. Nuts and unfair.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Bridgepoint Education (View Most Recent)

Decent Pay and Benefits, Free Education, But it's at a price

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

The pay is good, the benefits are good, and you get a free college education. There are plenty of departments to move into if you hate your job.

Cons

When you're new its like being a freshmen in college. Cliques are already formed, the managers and directors dont really acknowledge your presence, they train you on the same stuff for hours, and they expect you to fail. If you succeed when you are new, people are surprised. If you want to get through the new phase your only choice is to put up and shut up. Expect to hear 7 different people telling you how to do your job and being totally confused as to what the right way is.

Hey Directors how about you come out of your office once just to get know your staff and not to be a hall monitor? All the directors claim they understand the job but yet they are so unfriendly. My director has had 1 conversation with me. She's only nice to the people who have been there for awhile and are top producers. Bridgepoint preaches caring but I have not met a single manager or director that has made me feel like they care. They talk the talk but they don't walk the walk.

Horrible lack of leadership in the IT organization

Former Employee - IT Engineer  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

Great talented co-workers (most of whom are going to leave), not a lot of on-call work, decent benefits, large environment, free education, for what it's worth.

Cons

There's a great deal of "good ol boy club" stuff going on within the IT organization. Most of the truly talented and seasoned Engineers have left the company after performing miracles only to recieve no credit or support from management. The internally coded software is mostly crap, but you are going to have to support it because the people that create it 'can do no wrong'--all executive level support and backing is to the developers, IT Engineers and admins are treated like custodial workers and are expected to be ready with their mops when the golden children release bad code and break systems. Most of the 'opportunities' within the organization are given to buddies and people that fluff the right people, not the people with the most experience or greatest skill set. The current director of IT was from a company called Active Networks--an organization that saw 100% IT attrition and it's clear that he's taking Bridgepoint Education down the same path.

Senior management needs to open their eyes, when all of your Senior level staff in an IT organization get up and leave in short order there is a big problem that needs to be addressed. The Director of IT should be walked out the door as quickly as possible and the VP should follow for not having addressed the problems within that department as they've played out.

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!