Brinker

www.brinker.com

It's Fajita's and Rita's

General Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThe restaurant business is what you make of it. The great thing about being a manager is that you only need to be self motivated to achieve results on a daily basis. That being said, you need to know when and how to pat yourself on the back for a job well done, and motivate others to follow you. People think, 'How hard can it be?'. Trust me, you don't want to enter this environment with little or no knowledge about the industry.

ConsProductivity is the key word… while commodity prices continue to go up, instead of passing the cost on to the consumer, Brinker has decided it would be better to do more with less. At some point being productive will break those that are working for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrinker's Board should decided how to deal with Doug as the ultimate leader of this business. We have been through everyone else, but there sits Doug on his throne. The untouchable king. I know that Norman hand picked the guy, but I believe there is more talented leaders in our industry, that could take Brinker forward quicker. Look how long it has taken Brinker to decide to dump the BRS and got to Aloha… and we can't even do that right...

Transitional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Brinker

Pros: large company with growth opportunities Cons: Inconsistent leadership Inconsistent policies and procedures at store level Advice to Senior Management: Empower managers and team members be to engaged in the… More

high pressure

Market Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brinker

Pros: the people and the culture make this company a reat… Cons: When times are tough, unfortunately the restaurant busy suffers and… Advice to Senior Management: Please listen to the folks that work in the restaurants… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Brinker.

Worked for Brinker? Contribute to the Community!