Broadcom

www.broadcom.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Great place to spend your working hour.

Current Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is doing very well in the marketplace, creating many opportunities to keep customers happy. Very broad IP and wildly successful in may technical areas. Lots of highly technical expertise home grown in the company!

Cons

Training is not so good. Long history and a large code base creates a burden to ramp up and be productive and successful on projects quickly.

Benefits (especially medical) are costly and not competitive with industry peers.

1032 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom (View Most Recent)

keep growing company

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Matawan, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

keep growing and hiring more engineers. strong on mobile industry especially WiFi, BT, GPS combo as well as cable modem and network solution. Mobile baseband business has grown so quickly for several years too.

Cons

Working environment is really customer oriented , which means it's really hard sometimes but it can be one of strong point of business.

are we keeping Pareto rule 80% vs 20%?
    not a little number of engineers are less competitive but they are never got out. Many people knows the famous personnel in many departments.

An intimidating workplace for creativity and growth...

Former Employee - Technical Director in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Director in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Broadcom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They had fairly good compensation but dwindling steadily...nice Irvine campus

Cons

They are so paranoid and sinister they sent their company attorney to rather insidiously trap me (pretending he was PR) into admitting I may have used company resources to write my Switching A-Z Power book -- very deceptive and tricky HR and an overall culture that does the opposite of encouraging growth for anyone really.. They think they own you.

You need to cut back on your testosterone (and malice) when dealing with huge proven contributors, in particular --- just because they don't suck up to you and say you are God, doesn't mean they have "poor communication skills"...perhaps you do

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom