It was fun.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Oro Valley, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oro Valley, AZ (US)

I have been working at Bruegger's part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to be out of work by 5 at the latest. You get to take home last nights bagels or bagels that didnt sell the nights you close. You develop a bond with the people you work with because its such a small store.

Cons

minimum wage to start out.

Other Reviews for Bruegger's

Great Job

I have been working at Bruegger's

Pros

They treat people very good.

Cons

Early mornings and weekends required

First Job, and worked there for three years.

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  Hudson, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Hudson, OH (US)

I worked at Bruegger's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the team members are cool. No nights is a good benefit but mornings are very early. You get free food if you're a manager which is a sure plus.

Cons

*Upper Management was stupid. They nitpicked over catering sales and other stupid things that dont matter.
    *Wages, its okay to start at a low wage like they do, but there is absolutely no room for a pay-raise. It creates absolutely no reason for anyone to work harder than the next employee thats making the same thing
    *Understaffing. THIS RESTAURANT SCHEDULED ONLY 4 EMPLOYEES DURING THEIR BUSYIEST TIME OF THE WEEK. all of these employees just ran around because they were overworked and had no time to relax.
    *If you open, and your shift ends at one, you get out at one maybe 1 out of every 10 times.
    *I feel bad for GM's. They make dont make squat, and get paid hourly less than shift managers on some weeks. My GM personally bought me a gift card when i quit, for my 3 years of service. I felt bad though because it came from his pocket. Corporate does nothing but treat employees like dirt.
    *Training is aweful. Anyone who isn't a manager runs around with no clue what their doing. So the workload is displaced mostly on the managers.
    *New promotions were aweful. They wouldn't give us any advice on protocol of how to keep and serve anything so everyone would make their sandwiches and bagels differently. The product was not uniform at all.

Stop with the catering BS. Just advertise the bagels, and treat employees better. The only thing they do is have contests to see which bakery sells more. Which just means more money in their pockets.

There are newer employer reviews for Bruegger's.

Worked for Bruegger's? Contribute to the Community!