Burlington Coat Factory

www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com
  www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

A Case of Lost Identity

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Trenton, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Purchasing in Trenton, NJ (US)

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are nice.
Good place to learn

Cons

Conflicting, changing direction from upper management. Lack of Systems and departments that dont communicate. the company is confused as to what they want Burlington to Represent to the consumer.
Lack of integration between the "Old" ways and "New" way. Favoritism

Determine identity, formulate a detailed plan, communicate it to all levels.
Be realistic

462 Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory (View Most Recent)

Mixed feelings

Current Employee - Associate  in  Plainfield, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in Plainfield, IN (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is easy and you learn a lot on how things are done. Your co.workers are cheery and very happy to lend a hand. You are elgible for insurance when you work 3.5 hours a day.

Cons

The pay is very minimum. All positions, beside supervisors and management is part time. They will let you work over but it is all straight time. If you decide you want another position then they will not let you change again, and if you do and you don't make it in that position they will fire you instead of placing you back in the position you came from.

Remember you are working with people who may have family outside the work. Communication is is very important. Change is good. Especially for people who is just learningthe retail business.

it only gets worse

Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation  in  Burlington, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation in Burlington, NJ (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, health insurance is a little expensive. 401k, plus 4 weeks vacation after 10 years.

Cons

I get no time with my family. All my time is spent at work, and traveling. There are times when i am gone (between work and travel time) 16 hours a day. None of my personal responsibilities are ever considered. Job descriptions change on a moments notice. Lay-offs are often and you are always fearful of losing your job. There are good positions within the company, however mine is not one of them and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. My life has been put on hold for this company and there are few individuals who actually appreciate the hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!