CVS Caremark

www.cvscaremark.com

CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees.

Retail Shift (Current Employee)

ProsThey always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

ConsEmployees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

Fairly typical large employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfield, CT (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time

Pros: Overall, not a bad company to work for. Corporate level; good, broad-based benefits, excellent employee website (although RX coverage has some surprising gaps). … Cons: Still, Local level is still where the issues live: get no or partial/inconsistent messages about changes and policy usage; part-timers get left out altogether.… Advice to Senior Management: Given Obamacare, HIPAA concerns, etc, I understand Corporate reluctance to drill down and hold district mgt accountable, but the wellness programs/bonuses are not being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to be a lifer (if that's what you want)

Advisor (Former Employee) Northbrook, IL (US)

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Job security (unless you screw up big time *and* annoy others), 401k match, work life balance/work from home days (varies by dept), stock purchase program.… Cons: 6% salary bump for all promotions no matter what (which means your annual raise will always be 1-4% at best), benefits are constantly changing ("to… Advice to Senior Management: Throw out the consultants and lead by example (ie, Don't proclaim it was an excellent year and then slash non-mgmt bonuses. We all know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!