There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Lightning strikes twice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is the second time in my life that I wake up and can't wait to get to work. I love the company, and my job.
The corporate culture is sensitive to employee performance and genuinely committed to personal growth and success. There are numerous opportunities to learn more through the internal CBT system, LearnNET. The people are all open and friendly, and always open to new members, and will at least listen to new ideas, even when they are already committed to another plan.

Cons

can be confusing to navigate the culture
can be frustrating learning the rules of how to interact
remote management can result in managers being out of touch with whats going on, on the ground where the front line staff are.
There is very little tolerance for expressing any judgement. Even a wrong tone of voice can get you a meeting with your manager/director/VP depending on your level. This can be frustrating. However, there is always an opportunity to change and improve, and anyone will help you to understand and adapt.

Advice to Management

having your manager in a different location can be a bit frustrating. sometimes it feels like my manager is out of touch with my responsibilities' challenges. as a result, I can never be sure if I have their support in my decisions. In addition, when my actions are comments on by others, sometimes, my manager jumps to a conclusion rather than ask me about the issue. My manager is inconsistent in the support, which make me hesitate to act, sometimes.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at CVS Health as an intern

Pros

Learned a lot. Great mentorship culture. Good team design

Cons

Had to walk a lot

My experience at CVS has it's pros and cons.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great for getting some experience as a Pharmacy tech or a new grad pharmacist. Good employee-employee communication and conflict resolution strategies.

Cons

The pharmacists are not treated so great, especially if you are the PIC. Pharmacy Technicians pay is below par. Limited Tech duties, like, company policy says that techs cannot reconstitute.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health