There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees.

Current Employee - Retail Shift
Current Employee - Retail Shift

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

Cons

Employees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

If you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

3243 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Good for part time, but not so good for full time.

Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Dracut, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Dracut, MA (US)

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people who I work with are great. Friendly and personable, the crew makes your shift go by fast. My co-workers have become my friends.

Cons

After you start off at 8.25 and hour, raises are crap. I make $9 and have been there for 4 years. Also sometimes only 1 person gets stuck ringing up customers for hours on end. It sucks, especially she it gets really busy.

Better raises = more motivated employees.

Innovative health care company with great leadership and advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Innovative in nature, career development opportunities, stable company

Cons

benefits could be improved such as gym memberships, increased medical coverage by the employer

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health