There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees.

Current Employee - Retail Shift
Current Employee - Retail Shift

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

They always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

Cons

Employees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

If you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

3043 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Not enough hours to have a decent staff to get things done.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B  in  New Providence, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in New Providence, NJ (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting paid time and a half on holidays. Good coworkers make a good atmosphere and vacation days!

Cons

Hour cuts each year...but amount of things to bed done only piles on.

Worst job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My PIC is great, but he's fresh out of school so I give him another year before he turns bitter like the other pharmacists I've worked with at CVS. I used to like my co-workers but after four years I'm tired of their drama. The only pro I can think of is I like my PIC and some of the front store staff. And the discount.

Cons

Where can I even begin? The higher ups only care about NUMBERS instead of their employees or the customers. The PCI calls are a waste of time and the numerous automated calls just annoy customers so much they transfer everything to Kroger. There's one lady I work with who is slow as Christmas and doesn't know how to TYPE (she types with one finger) but for some reason she's still there. The pay is complete crap. There are no benefits for part-timers. The hours are terrible. The techs and most pharmacists are burnt out and mean. Lunch only lasts 30 minutes and there's no other breaks allowed unless you smoke. Hah! I've come to the point where I hate going to work, dislike everyone I work with besides the PIC (bless his heart) and hate the customers. It should be that way. I can not wait to put my two weeks notice in. I was treated better when I worked at Wal-mart!!!

Treat your employees with respect, with higher pay and more tech hours. Stop worrying so much about numbers and learn how to care for your customers. STOP THE UNNECESSARY PHONE CALLS.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!