There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS was a good starting point in my pharmacy career

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)
Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-you can work at multiple stores, meaning more hours for you
-for the most part, friendly coworkers
-they dumped me in a busy environment, i learn faster this way
-sufficient training, i had no experience
-Overall, its an excellent company, with good oppurtunies

Cons

-i got fired, no warning, for allowing my uncle to use my discount card for his baby grandson's otc med. which is fair and all, but what the f*ck.
-the infinite hours i mentioned? Pharmacists from all over like to call you at all hours to come in for a few hours
-wearing a shirt and tie everyday under a lab coat got tedious, i like walgreen's scrubs
-all of the locations ive worked at were sweat shop like work
-stupid customers.

Advice to Management

how about not worrying about the numbers for once, and actually give a d*mn about other peoples live's?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. cashier/clerk

Current Employee - Cashier/Clerk
    Current Employee - Cashier/Clerk

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people and having the regulars come in year after year. Working the front and the back part of the store.

Cons

Being scheduled the whole 8 hr shift on the register. Not having 2 days off in a row. Memos from manager stating no employees are to put in for time off on the holidays.

Advice to Management

We have family we would like to spend holidays with. We need 2 days off to reenergize so you can get the best of me at work.

2. Life Consuming

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great job if you like doing everything yourself. Very high tech. Lots of info at your fingertips.

Cons

Tasks increase and hours decrease at an alarming rate. You are given just enough hours for basic levels of service on the registers. If you are in a low volume store the hours are just enough to have 2 people in the building at a time on the front store (mgr and cashier). If you don't stay on top of tasks you will fall behind real quick. You are constantly in a position of asking yourself, do I stay longer or do I work on my 'day off' to stay on top of things or do I fall behind and work even more next week to catch up. On top of it all you are expected to baby the Rx staff. If you don't have a good staff in the pharmacy it will make your life more of a hell than it already is. Be ready to be micro managed like never before.

Advice to Management

They know what they are doing to their store managers and couldn't care less,its all about the shareholders.